Worshipping Demigods

All Glories to Guru & Krishna..

All Glories to All Devotees..

Recently I had discussion with one of my friend devotee regarding life, I was saying that our life is controlling Krishna, not demigod. But later she said that we are not pure devotees, we should respect demigods as they are also great devotees of Krishna. I have respect for demigods, but question is that should I visit demigods temple to worship them to show my respect towards them?

I want to know that, I am not a pure devotee of Lord Krishna so there must be influence of ruling planets of my kundli in my life. hence I am not a pure devotee so still demigods are controlling my life, not Krishna? 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Om Jaya Raadhaa Maadhaba namaha dandabata,
    Worshipping guru and bhagawan is prescribed. Lord Ganapati ji removes all obstacles in devotional service as he is Lord vighneshwara. Worshipping Lord raadhaa Krishna ji and Lord gauri Shankar ji is common in bhaarata varsha. Lord Brahma ji is worshipped in pushkar and Kerala only. Lord sankat mochana's ishta Deva is Lord shree Vishnu.
    Worshipping the servant of servant of servant of Lord raadhaa Krishna ji is prescribed by Vaishnavas. Worshipping Krishna Priya tulasi Devi ji bestows pure love for supreme Lord raadhaa gopinath ji.
    So we must please all Vaishnavas, the six goswamis Shri rupa goswami, sri Santana goswami, sri raghunatha bhatta goswami, sri raghunatha daasa goswami, sri jiva goswami, Sri Gopaala bhatta goswami, our guru Shrila prabhupaada ji, and ultimately Lord om raadhaa Krishna ji by devotional service.
    • Dandavant to all Devotees !!!!

PAMHO.. All glories to Guru, Gauranga & SP...

Thank you so much for clarifying my doubts.

• SB 10.1.62-63The inhabitants of Vṛndāvana, headed by Nanda Mahārāja and including his associate cowherd men and their wives, were none but denizens of the heavenly planets, O Mahārāja Parīkṣit, best of the descendants of Bharata, and so too were the descendants of the Vṛṣṇi dynasty, headed by Vasudeva and Devakī and the other women of the dynasty of Yadu. The friends, relatives and well-wishers of both Nanda Mahārāja and Vasudeva and even those who externally appeared to be followers of Kaṁsa were all demigods.

We can see that adoring  Nanda, Yasoda, gopis and other inhabitants of Vraja , actually means adoring demigod pure devotees.

Its not all demogods pure devotees, but that doesn't mean to be disrespectful.

SB 10.1.62-63
    As previously discussed, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Viṣṇu, informed Lord Brahmā that Lord Kṛṣṇa would personally descend to mitigate the suf…
    • SB 10.1.22Lord Brahmā informed the demigods: Before we submitted our petition to the Lord, He was already aware of the distress on earth. Consequently, for as long as the Lord moves on earth to diminish its burden by His own potency in the form of time, all of you demigods should appear through plenary portions as sons and grandsons in the family of the Yadus.

SB 10.1.23The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Śrī Kṛṣṇa, who has full potency, will personally appear as the son of Vasudeva. Therefore all the wives of the demigods should also appear in order to satisfy Him.
      All the citizens of Vraja were demigods and demigoddesses, but scriptures who are not older then 500 years have their own theory.
  • Sevak

Hare Krsna

1. Should I visit demigods temple to worship them to show my respect towards them?

Not required

2. There must be influence of ruling planets of my kundli in my life. hence I am not a pure devotee so still demigods are controlling my life

Yes unless one is pure devotee, we will be controlled by many factors. But then the solution is to practice devotional service, not demigod worship.

• Ji Sharvn prahbu gee
    Smack down the destructing
    Impositions of our minds & move directly to the eternal one source of everything Krihna. KeyJie. To approach truth & eternaty only the all atrative, all perfect Holy Names are needed. Haray Bolah Hare Hari
  • Volunteer

Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam (2.3.10) by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada therefore recommends:

akāmaḥ sarva-kāmo vā
    mokṣa-kāma udāra-dhīḥ
    tīvreṇa bhakti-yogena
    yajeta puruṣaṁ param

Everyone-whether akāma (a devotee), sarva-kāma (a karmī) or mokṣa-kāma (a jñānī or yogī)—is encouraged to worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead by the direct method of devotional service. In this way one can get both material and spiritual profit simultaneously.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

To the extent of our surrender to the Supreme Lord, He takes over our life. Though we are not pure devotees, we are practising Krsna Consciousness. It is mentioned in the Gita that worship of demigods is avidhipurvakam - not prescribed. Therefore, we should stick to the worship of Krsna, as per our parampara. 

We have to respect demigods, because they are all devotees of Krsna, on a higher platform than us and empowered by Krsna to by part of the Government of the lord - responsible for one aspect each. However, the respect does not mean we visit the temples of demigods and offer worship and ask for benedictions. We can respect, we can even visit the temple, but we have to always pray - pls make me a devotee of the lord like you are. We should never ask anything from demigod. If we have some desires, we should ask only and only Krsna.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.