Kids

Gurukul

Comics

Games

Vedic Quiz

An Appeal        About Us        Donate       Contact Us

Haribol to all devotees!

PAMHO!! AGSTP!!

I'm a Neophyte who is just up to 8 rounds of chanting. I am off meat and onion/garlic for the last 8 months and I'm feeling absolutely great. I regularly visit IDT just to read through the wonderful answers from senior devotees. There is no ISKCON temple near my place, but thankfully I live alone and don't have many friends - so I can go about my sadhana without distraction.

I think that in one of the myriad questions/responses on this forum, I read that the theory of evolution as propounded by modern science is nothing but a sham, and doesn't adhere to scriptures. However, I'm unable to understand why it is considered a lie, and seek guidance from someone who can enlighten me.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Views: 417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

It is the right approach. Scriptures is not like our technology, which becomes obsolete the moment it hits the market. It is timeless. Considering that Srimad Bhagawatam has details about Chanakya and even Kalki avatar, there doesnt appear to be any need for updation. 

If a scripture is discovered in the 21st century, it will be bogus. Unless if the scripture was lost in time and certified by an authority. For eg: Brahma Samhita was discovered by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu in one of the temples in South India during His tour. That too, the Brahma Samhita we know is only 1 chapter of the entire rendition. We accept it because it was brought out by God Himself, in the incarnation of a devotee.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

Hare Krishna Prabhuji pamho,

The evidence !!!
that's the concrete proof , or is it !

Say for example about 100 yrs before all the scientiests knew that the electron,
protons and neutrons are the fundamental particles of matter. There were also some sub atomic particles whose prescence were felt.
The final conclusion from all the evidence was that the foundation of matter was some very tiny particles.
But after the advent of quantum physics, all those concepts got shattered.
It is seen that an electron actually exist everywhere simultaniously and behaves like an wave untill someone observes it.
Whenever there is an attempt to measure the movement of the electron, it changes it's natural charecteristic
and start behaving like a perticle. How amazing this is - as if the electron is aware of the fact that it is being
observed. Does it have conciousness ? How is that possible !! But this is the thing that is happenning. So in actuality
an electron as a single particle of matter does not exist. That brings to the conclusion that matter does not actually exist.
Because all the matter that we are seeing or touching are made of those atomic particles which has no material existance.
But we can not deny the fact that we can touch something, such as i am typing these words by touching the keys in the
keyboard.

There is another issue of qunatum entanglement. Say if two particles are related to each other and when one of the particle
are being worked upon , immidiately it affects the other particle. This relationship does not depend
on the distance between the two particles. If the two particles are kept billions of light years away
- it acts the same way - the other particle gets affected immediately. how is this possible !
How the two particles are able to maintain a relationship even if they are kept an universe apart !!

What do we know about the architecture of the universe and how it works !!

If we see a spacecraft is travelling billions of miles away from us - does it actually travelling in
that fashion - or it is appearing to us like that. The unlimited sky that we see may be a hoax.
The same way we are believing that this material world is made up of matters.

This world is an illussion. Lord's illusiory energy is at work - it makes us believe- that which is not.
The way it appeares to us, in actuality it is not so. We are not designed to understand the reality.
He Who have designed the cosmos, is also the Designer of our brains.

How can we expect to get a real picture of an illusiory world with imperfect senses and instruments.
Even if the instrument may be as big as the large hadron collider - the outcome evidence will only be a more
sophisticated illusion.

-yas

Hears a thery our minds have been conditioned/ we have been brain. Washed over time to believe that serving the needs of this body' is the main perpus of this bodys life time!
& (HDG) Knew better, having tasted/experienced the connection & presence & compaseion ofothe God Krishna! Following the Hi's spiritual instructions of Hi's own Guru & the desire of
"The H3ad God He (HDG) risking life & limbs travaled to us & around the world to inform & remind us of the nature of the tempory nature of this flesh & the irretrievable value of time
He informed us that our bodies house an eternal aspect of our being called the Spirit or Soul, which is imprisoned at the moment within this daul gross week vulnerable deteriorating carcus. Which is being directed by the influence of an eggnorent/ uninformed mind! ? Hence in Hi's effort to "antidote" this illness. Of eignorance, He presented an intellectual methud of exposing the minds of people to a process of "JumpStarting" our mind's evolution, tword a proper understandins(s) and an even- better/bin
nafishel bettmore enjoyable pastime . And by the practice of employing Hi's prescription our Spitits became better nurtured & better natuered, our mind's become better informed by becoming better regulated & As this all-engaging prosess is a service to the greaterGood & God Himself, all other aspects of our lives & future life are thereby karmically improved.
That's Hi's Thery anyway. God's Love & Love for God are the resultent Side effects.Which when applied thrugh consistent practice

Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam!

The experience of the world is through gross and subtle bodies. And mind plays a larger role in projecting the world. As the mind matures/evolves, the perception of the world changes. One's own experience is the evidence. At times, the mind thinks, 'I'm qualified now to understand the design (of the world or itself)' and makes sincere attempts. Then it realizes its 'limited' capacity and surrenders to the supreme lord.

Without understanding the self, it would not be possible to understand the world. And understanding self requires shutting down the ego/mind & intelligence and its too far from discussion/reality.

SB 1.3.33 — Whenever a person experiences, by self-realization, that both the gross and subtle bodies have nothing to do with the pure self, at that time he sees himself as well as the Lord.

RSS

Hare Krsna TV Launched

Online Statistics

© 2017   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service