Back To Godhead India

Bhakti Courses

Kids

Gurukul

Comics

Games

Vedic Quiz

An Appeal        About Us        Donate       Contact Us

Does existence of God and scientific theories like evolution, Big Bang related to each other? Did God cause all this? If we go deep in Science we get answers supported by sciencific evidences about how humans came into being? However if we look into scriptures the reasons are completely different. Is God cause of every little living organism on this earth? Appreciate your response as these questions continuously bother me.

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam!

Science is not separate from God/Spirituality but a small sub-set. Material science is easy to understand and lower when compared to "spiritual" science. Going by evolution, existence is merely a "chance" or "probability". It is up to the individual to either believe in this "trivial" number OR scriptures that explain the theory of karma - the reason for "this" life. Again, decoding karma (or tracing the beginning) is beyond the capacity of human mind, so we are asked to "Surrender" to the lord, Sri Krishna! Scriptures provide complete rationale of existence (which is "beyond" the body & the mind). Theory of evolution stops with body & mind and it is irrational.

Please read Bhagavad Gita and understand the fundamentals of "Aatma" (Jivaatma/soul) tatva. The "knowledge" will not be complete unless we accept the lord and surrender unto him.

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya! Om Namo Narayanaya!

Hare Krishna! Thanks for your reply. Could you please elaborate  "Theory of evolution stops with body & mind and it is irrational." ? 

Hare Krishna! Dandavat Pranam! 'Material' science does not account for 'Soul' and it considers only the body & mind as 'self'. So there is no rationale for the differences in this world.

Om Namo Bagavate Vasudevaya! Om Namo Narayanaya!

Those were excellent answers,

Hare Krsna!

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

I know this much - science keeps on updating its versions. Once earth was the centre of the universe, next sun became centre, next sun became centre of only one solar system, universe is much bigger. Whereas scriptures do not have any new improved versions - what is the truth remains over unchanged ages. Have you ever heard of an updated version of Gita or Bhagawatam? I have not.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

Hare Krishna Mataji! Thanks for your reply. I agree Scriptures remain the same. However the updated versions/discoveries in Science is due to lots and lots of experiments going on daily by the Scientists. So we cannot disrespect Science on this basis. Can we not accept Science as well as follow scriptures which connects us to Spirituality ? 

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Yes, it is possible to accept science as well as follow scriptures which connect us to spirituality. The difference is - we accept scriptures in full and that part of science which we are ok with , and not vice versa. 

For exampls, science is study of matter - what are the elements that earth is  made of, chemical composition of the body, how many stars in the universe etc. 

I take science with a pinch of salt and try to follow scriptures to the full. I am saying try - because I have not reached full surrender, I also get doubts on so many things, but I counter my doubts by telling myself - my knowledge, and sadhana is no perfect, my guru's knowledge and scriptures are. So I will follow my higher authority.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

Thanks so much for your reply. Hare Krishna.

Hare Krsna Mataji
Big Bang and the theory of evolution form a particular part of science which pertains to creation only.
Where the science of Krsna is concerned with creation, maintenance and dissolution in ten broad categories out of which creation is one part.
Now the scientists who want to exercise their brain are given the facility by Krsna. If they want to forget Krsna then He can give them the intelligence to forget Him completely.

Forget about science, the more you go deeper in science, the more you separate from THE TRUTH.........

science is the biggest illusion of Shri Hari

it is that kind of illusion which at one point of time make us belief that there is the existence of GOD but at another instance,it make us belief that there is no existence of GOD.

so,there is always 50-50 situation...which makes us confused for the whole life about existence of GOD

Whether there is God or not is the real question. Many humans and other species got killed in the name of God so far. Human sacrifices happened in past. Now also it happens some times in India tough it is crime which you come to know as news on TV or in paper. Animal birds are sacrificed. Some religions have killing day as very big festival.  Many humans died for whose God is real one or whose religion is true. But God never ever came and tell do not kill any one for me. Earlier Judaism was there. Christ started Christianity. He got killed as the hands of Jews. Christians killed many in the name of God , crusade, conversion. Then came Muhamad 1400 years ago. Everyone knows what he did and what his followers are doing still and same will continue till when no one knows. In India itself there are many Gods many religions. From Hinduism , Buddhism came, Jainism came, Sikhism came. Yesterday one idiot here on chat was trying argue with me telling that Iskconians are Vaishanavas and not Hindu. I asked him shall we start riots in the name of Hindu and Vaishnavas? Hindus pray Krishna Rama. Iskconian do same. How come both are different then. I did not talk to that fool. He said he is Bramhachari in temple. What is bramhachari, can anyone be bramhachari I know very well. Lo. One more religion came from India. In between Rajnish tried start new religion and new God. In India in between many come out telling that they themselves are Gods like Satya Sai Bbaba. Vishnu God is supposed take Kalaki avatar. There are living unlimited Kalaki avatars in India and abroad. Do google search. Once I read Sir Salman Rushdie wrote that God itself is the problem. Taslima Nasrin MBBS says there is no God. When the Muslims destroyed Krishna, Shiva and Ram temples in India they them self being Gods could not protect their own temples by doing any miracle then how to believe that there is any God at all. So God is a real problem was problem and going to remain problem. God created all. But why did he / she ( what is Gods gender?)create it at all? What for? Then who created God? Some say God is inside you. Some say God separate entity.        

Despite so many rascals and idiots, sanatana dharma guides us so  nicely to the real God of everyone, Lord Krishna. Unknowingly, everyone is praying to Him only, as Allah or God or some other name, but they should realise that everyone's god is that Lord Krishna and hinduism is the oldest and original religion called sanatana dharma.Hare Krishna

RSS

Hare Krsna TV Launched

Online Statistics

© 2017   Created by ISKCON desire tree network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service