Lord Krishna penance for 1000 yrs to Lord Shiva

Hare Krishna 

PAMHO :)

In YOutube i was watching one of the Vedios of Lord Krishna, then one of the Lord Shiva's Devotee concluded that everyone's goal should be to achieve lord shiva and not lord krishna. He says Shiva is supreme, he is neither male nor female. He is beyond time and space. He is the one who created brahma, Vishnu, rudra and Maheswara. Shiva is para daiva and he said bla bla bla to me when I said Lord vishnu is like a milk and lord shiva is like a curd and he also said Shiva is the supreme knowledge itself. Lord Krishna in the dwapara age did penance for Shiva for 1000 years, and he got the boon from Shiva to protect the pandavas in the deadly kurukshetra war. This was confirmed by Bhisma as well, when Bhisma was on the death bed of arrows. When Aswatthama attacks the pandava camp and kills all of the pandava warriors including the upapandavas, Arjuna and rest of the pandavas get enraged and wanted to kill aswatthama, then Krishna gives a beautiful discourse to the pandavas saying shiva's will is supreme and no one in this creation including Krishna himself can dare to go against the will. It was shiva who willed to annihilate the entire pandava camp. Just because of the boon given by shiva to Krishna, that Krishna will be able to protect the pandavas, the 5 pandavas remain untouched by aswatthama.

We Devotees have only one knowledge that is to love our lord and that at any cost wont get shaken, but what dis fellow person is saying is dis  true? What are urs opinion.

Thanks

HaRi Bol

Amit Mehra

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No offense intended but that is Soo0 ridiculous who could eben ever dear to compare Krishna to any others j certainly not the host of the demonic gosts & loly creatures that Sheva entertains? Think before you speak such insulting things plz. If Shiva is such a friend of Krishna's what about the killing of the Sons of the sons of Pondu? That Shivite is not thinking clearly & certainly suffering from a savearly poor fund of knowledge! This is certinly my conclusion.
  • Shiva is the Son of the Son of Vishnu this is the understanding as put forword by the Veadas. Sheva is A guna avatar Brahma & Vishnu are all-guna avatars.
    Krishna is not. He is the AhddiParusha the Supreem enjoyer of all modes of nature. Ther in lyes the difference Shiva's companions and Krishna's are drastically diffrent. Point out to your that krishna is God because He is God of all qulitys of perfections & only He can be all that! ?
  • Hare Krishna,

Ask him where in sastras it is stated so.

Also you can inform him that Shani Bhagavan has affected Lord Shiva number of times as per sastras.

As far as I know there is not a single instance in the sastras where Shani Bhagavan has affected Krishna.

Haribol,
    S.Balaji.
  • Its a faulty argument.

Lord Krishna stayed in dwapara yuga for 125 years only, so how can he do penance for 1k years? Even if we accept just for the sake of their saying, then what about Lord Shiva himself who continously meditate on Krishna and chant rama nama?

Hope it helps. Hare Krishna !

• SB 8.12.43Lord Śiva said: O Goddess, you have now seen the illusory energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the unborn master of everyone. Although I am one of the principal expansions of His Lordship, even I was illusioned by His energy. What then is to be said of others, who are fully dependent on māyā?

SB 8.12.44When I finished performing mystic yoga for one thousand years, you asked me upon whom I was meditating. Now, here is that Supreme Person to whom time has no entrance and who the Vedas cannot understand.
    One can see here who was doing austerities for 1000 years and who was meditating on whom.
    Except  Bhagavata purana, many scriptures presented nowadays did not  came  from Srila Vyasadev.
This reply was deleted.