insurance

Hare Krishna,

Isn't it enough for every being to take an 'all covering insurance policy' issued by BhagavAn in Bhagavad Gita 9 / 22 - 'ananya...aham' other than running behind every other 'vyAvahAric' ones  ?

Jai Shree Krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna PRabhuji,

PAMHO.

This is undoubtedly the best insurance. However, it depends on the level of surrender. All devotees are not on the stage of complete surrender. 

Just to tell you, even ISKCON temples take medical insurance for its resident devotees. Bills have to be paid prabhu. For that money is required. Temples would not want to waste money got by donation/ book distribution on devotees medical expenses. This creates so much angst among the devotees and their families.

I have personally been witness to a case where one full time devotee had to be admitted on some medical ground and there was absolutely no money. His wife was struggling, and temple was helpless. She was soooo upset. Instead, if they take medical insurance, then its better for everyone. 

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• HARE KRISHNA,

Radha PRabhu Ji, you are 100%right. The 'insurance' I meant here was not just the regular 'insurances'. 'vyAvahArically' it is admitted. Its about the human pursuits for 'aRth'a and 'kAma' (pRarAbdha excluded as 'prakR^itistvA.n niyokShyati' BG 18 / 59). The 'parama purushARtha' being always left out ! With 'BhagavAn' as the supreme goal, the problems we see as problems are overcome -पङ्गुं लङ्घयते गिरिम् - 'panghum langhayate girim'. Every breath shall be moving towards that goal - 'brahmARpaNam..'.

• You mean I don't have to wait until age  65 to get  my Medicare insurance policy? There is a better plan? An "all covering insurance policy" available? Sounds good to me!!!

• Volunteer

Yes, Krishna promises that.

Here is a lecture by Srila Prabhupada on Bhagavad Gita Chapter 9, Verse 22 and Verse 23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwxEDseXkQo

This reply was deleted.